David L. Dunn
CPA, PFS, CFP®
At Capital Planning
David is a CPA, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional and Personal Financial Specialist. He helps those with complex compensation packages, annual/open enrollment decisions, 401k decisions, investment portfolio design and strategies, retirement feasibility planning, retirement date timing and estate planning solutions.
Since 1988, David has provided investment management and wealth planning services to corporate managers, executives, retirees and business owners. His practice focuses on professionals in the technology, Ecommerce and aerospace industries located in the Pacific Northwest.
David’s aim is to make complex things simple so that greater clarity increases confidence in the financial decisions each one makes over their lifetime.
- Corporate Managers, Executives, Retirees and Business Owners
- Technology, Ecommerce and Aerospace industries
- Complex Executive Compensation Packages
- Open Enrollment Consulting
- 401k and IRA investment portfolio design
- Retirement Date Timing
- Concentrated Stock and Stock Option Diversification Strategies
- Wealth Transfer, Estate Planning
When Not at Work
David is a lifelong resident of the Seattle area and is a graduate of Washington State University. He lives in Bellevue and enjoys spending time with his six children. As an avid health, nutrition and fitness enthusiast, you can also find David competing at various Spartan Race events throughout the year.
Previous Roles or Ventures
Prior to joining Capital Planning, David was employed on the audit staff of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Education & Designations
- BA in Business Administration, Concentration: Accounting, Washington State University
- Certified Public Accountant, Washington State Board of Accountancy
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Personal Financial Specialist, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA), Member
- Capital Planning Investment Planning Committee, Member
- Northshore Youth Soccer Association, past coach
- Northshore Youth Basketball Association, past coach
- Woodinville Little League Fastpitch, past coach
- Boy Scouts of America, past Friends of Scouting Chairman & Merit badge Counselor
- The Bear Creek School Booster Club, past board member