At Capital Planning
David loves teaching with an emphasis on making complex things simple to understand. As a former and frequent guest speaker at Boeing’s Management Association meetings, he has taught on a wide variety of wealth management topics including investment portfolio construction, concentrated stock and stock option diversification strategies, executive benefits planning and estate planning.
For more than 25 years, David has specialized in assisting Boeing managers and executives prepare for retirement. This process begins with analyzing the degree to which a pre-retiree is on track to have sufficient financial resources to retire. Next is setting retirement income and asset goals and determining the actions and decisions necessary to turn dreams into reality. A careful understanding of the complex nature of the Boeing incentive compensation and company benefits package is vital to this process, including VIP-401k investment allocation decisions. When retirement becomes imminent, the planning focus shifts to providing pre-retirees with confidence in making final pension and retirement benefit elections. After retirement, the wealth management process continues with ongoing assistance in striking the balance between protecting wealth while at the same time attempting to make it grow.
David’s clientele includes managers and executives of other Northwest public companies, most notably Microsoft and PACCAR.
- Boeing Managers & Executives
- Retirees and those contemplating retirement
- Investment portfolio construction
- Boeing VIP, 401k, and IRA investment & taxation strategies
- Concentrated stock and stock option diversification strategies
- Executive benefits analysis
When I Am Not at Work
David is a lifelong resident of the Seattle area and is a graduate of Newport High School and Washington State University. David enjoys spending time with his wife Merry, and 6 children. You can also find David coaching basketball or leading a team of men & women in rigorous total body conditioning workouts to compete together at various Tough Mudder and Spartan Race events throughout the year.
Previous Roles or Ventures
Prior to joining Capital Planning in 1988, David was employed on the audit staff of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Education & Designations
- BA in Business Administration, Concentration: Accounting, Washington State University
- Certified Public Accountant, Washington State Board of Accountancy
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Personal Financial Specialist, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA), Member
- Capital Planning Investment Planning Committee, Member
- 3rd & 4th grade Cedar Park Christian girls basketball team, Head Coach
- Boy Scouts of America, Merit badge Counselor